When you’re a legal resident in Florida, there are a few things you should know

When you are a legal Florida resident you may be eligible for the following benefits: You may receive $2,000 per month in tax credits if you are in the state for more than 12 months and live in a state that allows you to file as a married couple or domestic partner You may also qualify for the Florida Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) if you have been unable to work or receive a disability benefit due to your disability.

However, you may also have to file a claim for your Social Security disability benefits.

If you have a child with a disability, you must apply for SSDI for your child before the child reaches the age of 18.

You can apply for the disability if you can’t work because of a disability.

If the disability is not covered by the disability insurance, you can receive an annual benefit of up to $7,500.

If your spouse has a disability and you qualify for SSTI, you will be eligible to apply for additional disability benefits up to a maximum of $6,000 for any child who is under 18 years old.

If a spouse does not qualify for any SSTI benefits you may receive a monthly benefit of $2 to $5,000 depending on the number of dependents.

You must pay any SSI premiums and be paid for your benefit payments in full on your next return.

Your monthly benefits are reduced for any unemployment, temporary disability, disability benefits and certain other state unemployment benefits.

You may apply for Social Security as a legal Resident Alien.

You will also be entitled to receive any state unemployment, disability or unemployment insurance benefits you qualify to receive from the Department of Economic Opportunity.

You are also eligible for: $6.50 per day of paid work per week, or $20 per week if your weekly wages are $500 or less.

You cannot work in Florida while residing as a Resident Alien for the purposes of filing your federal income tax return, as long as you have lived in the United States for five years or less and are legally in Florida for at least 10 years.

If an alien files a joint return, you are eligible for up to an additional $5.00 per week in unemployment benefits, Social Security and unemployment insurance.

You also may qualify for a maximum monthly benefit amount of up $10,000.

You should not apply for these benefits until your status has changed, unless you are married and have children.

You do not need to file an affidavit for Social Services benefits.